User may be referred to in this Policy as “you” and “your” as applicable and should be construed accordingly and references in these Terms to “us”, “we” and “our” as applicable are to Little Captain and should be construed accordingly. User and Little Captain may be referred to individually as “Party” and collectively as “Parties”.
Please read this policy carefully before asserting your consent. If you do not agree with this policy, do not access or use the services, or any other aspect of the website.
Information we collect
We may collect and receive the following data and other information:
- Personal Information, including (but not limited to) the information submitted for setting up an account on our website.
- Log data, including (but not limited to) Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the service, browser type, and settings, the date and time the services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Location Information to track the geographic location, including (but not limited to) IP address from browser or device to approximate the location
- Device Information, including (but not limited to) type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data
- Social Media information, including (but not limited to) social media account information provided by you
- Contact Information, including (but not limited to) email address.
How we collect information
We collect your Personal Information when you submit it to us while using the website. All other kinds of information are collected automatically when you access the website and make use of the services.
How we use information
We use the information collected in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our services, websites, and business. More specifically, we use the information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our services and websites. This includes the use of information to support the delivery of the services, prevent or address service errors, and security or technical issues, and analyze and monitor usage, trends, and other activities.
- As required by applicable laws, legal processes, or regulations.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments, and questions. If you contact us, we may use your information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning, productivity tools, and additional features. We try to make the services as useful as possible. For example, we may improve functionality or update our services based on historical use and predictive models, identify organizational trends and insights to customize a service experience, or create new productivity features and products.
- To display your historical transaction or information.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical, and other administrative emails, messages, and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services, offerings, and important services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the services and you may not opt-out of them.
- For billing, account management, and other administrative matters. We may need to contact you for invoicing, account management, and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How long do we retain your information?
We store your information for the time period that it is reasonably necessary to provide the services and comply with the applicable laws.
We may retain copies of information about you and any transactions or services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, the applicable statute of limitations, or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our general terms or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
If Information is aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified so that it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, we may retain it for a longer period of time and use it for any business purpose.
European Citizens’ Privacy Rights
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland, and United Kingdom., this section applies to you. For purposes of data protection law, Little Captain is the Data Controller. The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides you with the following rights:
- Right to information – including contact details to the Data Protection Officer, the purposes for processing Personal Information, and the rights of the individual.
- Right to access the Personal Information that is processed
- Right to erasure (”Right to be forgotten”)
- Right to rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability of the Personal Information supplied to us by the EU resident
- Right to object (opt-out) to processing (unless we otherwise have compelling legitimate grounds)
EU residents can exercise these rights by raising a request by contacting us at the information provided in the contact us section.
California citizens’ privacy rights
California law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information, disclosed to those parties. To make such a request, please contact us at the information provided in the contact us section. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by applicable law.
We consider the security of data to be very crucial. We work hard to protect the Information that you provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Information that we collect, process, and store, and the current state of technology. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, we do not guarantee that the Information during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, we do not allow the use of our services by anyone younger than 18 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 18 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will take steps to delete such information.
Transfer of data
We may transfer some data to Third Party Service Providers (including Sub-processors). We will not transfer your Personal Data originating in the EU to a Third Party Service Provider unless we ensure such Third Party Service Provider is obliged to provide at least the same level of privacy protection to your Personal Data as required by the Principles of GDPR.
Our Product may offer publicly accessible forums. Please be aware that any information provided in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them and we shall not be responsible for the dissemination of such information.